NVIDIA released the stable Linux 460.80 driver following their new GPU releases
news.movim.eu / GamingOnLinux · Tuesday, 11 May, 2021 - 16:02 · 1 minute
Following on from the news earlier that NVIDIA has released the RTX 3050 and RTX 3050 Ti for laptops , their new stable driver 460.80 is out for Linux.
As always for NVIDIA, they push out a new driver right away to get Linux support for their GPUs hooked up day and date with the release. The 460.80 driver adds support for:
- GeForce RTX 3050 Ti Laptop GPU
- GeForce RTX 3050 Laptop GPU
- T600 Laptop GPU
- T1200 Laptop GPU
- RTX A5000 Laptop GPU
- RTX A4000 Laptop GPU
- RTX A3000 Laptop GPU
- RTX A2000 Laptop GPU
It also includes some bug fixes:
- Fixed a bug that could cause AddressSanitizer to report a heap-buffer-overflow during initialization of the OpenGL and Vulkan libraries.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent a system from resuming from suspend when DisplayPort activity occurred while the system was suspended.
- Fixed a regression that prevented eglQueryDevicesEXT from correctly enumerating GPUs on systems with multiple GPUs where access to the GPU device files was restricted for some GPUs.
- Fixed a regression that could cause system hangs when changing display resolution on SLI Mosaic configurations.
- Fixed a bug that could result in blank displays when driving multiple displays at the same resolution using active DisplayPort dongles.
This is part of their "Production Branch", so it's good for everyone to upgrade. See the driver release page .